I always have to pee in the middle of the night. It falls between 2 and 5am, and today it fell closer to two. As I got out of tent I realized everything was damp and we were very clearly in a cloud. I crawled back into my sleeping bag and fell back asleep. I woke up around 5:45 and couldn't fall back asleep, so I just laid there. I tried not to move, and when Russ woke up I let him know the whole top of the tent was drippy. Condensation and humidity are crazy things.

We tried to eat breakfast laying down but I was having a hard time and sat up... which was followed by condensation rain pouring down on me inside the tent. I quickly moved out and watched as Russ did the same thing after breakfast. We were out far earlier than usual, partly because it's no fun hanging around feeling soggy. As the sun rose we walked along dirt roads for a bit, then on a trail up a hill. Next, down a cliff, across railroad tracks, through an Arab town and to the beach! Ahhh the Mediterranean is such a crazy color. We ate pita chips and hummus as the tent dried. We chatted with a guy on the beach for a minute and he wished us luck before parting. I could've stayed forever. After staying longer than expected because it was just too nice and the tent needed to dry, we eventually packed up.

We walked the beach for another few km then popped out on the south side of Caesaria. We got a freshly pressed juice because at this point in the day it was getting hot. So crazy that last week it snowed! Oh and we made a wrong turn after the juice, had to do it once today (since every day we make a wrong turn and I drop my pole at least once). Once we were back on trail the rest of the day was road walking. We stopped at a gas station for some water and a snack, and an older man thanked us for visiting his country and kissed his hand and raised it to the sky. Then more road, some podcasts, and a strange but beautiful bridge in the middle of nowhere. On the final stretch of road we stopped for a snack but I wasn't that hungry, and a kid on a bike asked us for water. We were both caught so off guard, but we helped the kid out and he pedaled off in a hurry. We walked through the town of Hadera which seemed cute, and are camped outside of the city.

We're camped on the side of a dirt road which always makes me a little nervous (because I don't trust city people) and the mosquitoes are out in full force. Also my shoes are falling apart and I can't wait for new ones in Tel Aviv when we arrive!

Also I thought about Ernie the pup a bunch today. I hope he's okay out there. I also have been thinking about people being so ecstatic that you are visiting their country, as it's so foreign for me. I hope I find somewhere I'm that passionate about.