After cleaning up the leather hard pieces we had created, we cleaned up some of the edges with a metal rib into the kiln it went. After a few days of roasting at some pretty hot temperatures I got my pieces back and they were a bit lumpier than I had thought. While trying to embrace the organic nature of the material, I did do a bit of sanding to just clean up anything major I saw. The next step was applying a glaze... and since my clay is such a nice pure white, I decided to stick with a clear glaze, despite it's blue look. I applied a few coats with a sponge and it will go back in the kiln for a glaze firing tomorrow! 

Comment